Southmead Guest House is closing 16th December 2013
Access statement for Southmead Guest House B&B Accommodation
At Southmead we will endeavour to accommodate people with special requirements as far as we are able. Please feel free to contact us and we will do all we can to help.
We hope the following information will be helpful:
- Southmead is located just off the A53 Leek road approximately half mile or 15 minute easy walk from the town's shops and restaurants. We are accessible by rail or road . The railway station is approximately 1 mile from Southmead and we have a pick up service if required. We can also pick people up from the bus stop.
- We have a hard standing private car park and frontage to house leading to front door access with two steps up into a tiled hallway. The front door is always kept locked and each guest is provided with a front door and bedroom key for use during their stay. We are happy to help with luggage and if required look after your luggage in case of early or late arrivals or departures.
- Guest lounge, dining room and toilet are directly off the hallway and are all carpeted.
- There is one flight of stairs to guest landing. Room 1 and 2 lead directly off the landing. Room 3 is down two steps from landing.
- Room 1 and 2 are equipped with large step in showers which are thermostatically controlled.
- Room 3 has a bath with shower over and grab rail.
- All bedrooms have drinks making facilities with cordless kettles and TV/DVD with remote controls.
- All guest areas are well lit with emergency lighting on stairs and landing in case of mains failure. They also have fire detection units which are audible only.
- We are a totally non smoking establishment.
- We have a good selection of local tourist information and public service timetables.
- We are happy to cater for people with special diets.